I've finally made it into the Drupal gliterati! Robert interviewed me earlier this week for the Lullabot podcast. It's all part of my plan to become a Lullabot when I'm done and graduated. Topics included: Phlickr/Flickr, my Summer of Code project, brewing beer and my stumbling speech.
I put in two applications for this year's Google Summer of Code. The first was working on programming tools for Squeak and the second was creating a project_metrics module for Drupal. The Squeak proposal was definitely the weaker of the two, there were too many questions I wasn't able to answer to write a good proposal. In contrast, the Drupal proposal practically wrote itself. I've done enough work with Drupal that I already know how 90% of it will work out and I'll have enough time to figure out the other 10%.
I've got it on good authority—lets just say several little birds told me—that my Drupal proposal will be accepted when they announce the results tomorrow. I'm very excited to be in the Summer of Code and very excited to be able to give something back to Drupal.org
Update: it's official, my Drupal proposal has been accepted. I'll be having a Summer of Code.